The 2010 FlyDoor M, L and XL are based on the very successful 2009 models which were loved by our customers and got rave reviews all over the world for their light wind and upwind performance. For 2010 we were able to further increase their light wind potential, but eliminated the spray and improved the riding comfort by adding a bit more flex and rocker to the FlyDoor M, L and XL. The tips of the FlyDoor M and L have become a bit narrower and square, which gives the boards more control in choppy conditions and improves their pop for wakestyle tricks. The Flydoor XL is further refined with an optimized scoop-rocker line and is, just as the other FlyDoors, trimmed down in weight.
We have developed and use a board flex measurement machine, this machine is used to measure the 3D-Shape in every important riding situation. One of the key points was to increase the flex outside of the feet and to add comfort and control in choppy and gusty conditions without losing the underpowered performance and pop. The scoop-rocker line is self adjusting from under- to overpowered conditions in parts of a second.
The 2010 FlyDoor M,L and XL have tips that are a bit less wide and have an even more asymmetric shape. Tips that are a bit less wide, combined with more flex increase the control in overpowered conditions a lot. The wide center part of the FlyDoor M,L and XL increase the surface area to not sink down in lulls or after landing your latest trick. The flat and constant scoop-rocker line increases speed and upwind performance. The heelside outline is more straight for massive pop and maximum upwind performance. The toeside outline got more rounded to achieve improved control riding switch and makes the riding feeling of the FlyDoor more playful.
The combined composite core of the FlyDoor M, L and XL is made out of airex, combined with 2 strips of light, but super durable Paulownia wood. Since we integrated this combined core material in the FLYBOARDS, broken boards have been a thing of the past. The inserts are double reinforced. Thin ABS rails and tips made out of polyethylene are used to protect the sidewalls and to increase the flex in the tips. We use a 3 Dimensional construction, to be able to add the flex to the sides of the tips instead of only the whole tip. Weights of the 2010 FlyDoor M, L and XL could also be slightly reduced, giving you an even more enjoyable session on and off the water! The grab rail on the toeside rail remains in the 2010 FlyDoor, making your board-off tricks even easier. The number of different screws to assemble the FlyDoor is reduced, assembling a board is now super easy.
- The toeside where you can edge less hard has a smoother outline. That enables you to land and ride switched easier and increases control. The heelside is straighter to give you the best upwind performance and pop.
- The thin flexible tips that are made out of PE, are working like shock absorbers in choppy water and overpowered conditions. The 4.5mm single concave is giving the board more grip and stability. The concave is smoothly running out towards flat in the tips, so the board doesn’t lose its playful character.
- 3 different stance options: Small stance, Normal stance and Wide stance. The Small stance inserts are also placed more towards the heelside rail so it’s easier to edge the board for smaller riders
- Top sheets with silkscreen printing inside prevent the graphics from being scratched off by sand, shells and rocks.
- We use 3D computer analyses for the flex pattern of the board. Together with a ‘flex under load’ machine we are able to create an optimum flex pattern. All FlyDoors have a combined composite core. The wood core stripes increase the breaking strength and vibration absorption. The 2nd wood core stripe is placed below the heels, as otherwise the foam would get compressed and can create a weak point.
|Stance width||50,4 – 56,2 – 61,2||50,4 – 56,2 – 61,2||50,4 – 56,2 – 61,2|
|Core||Combined Composite Core||Combined Composite Core||Combined Composite Core|
|Fin setup||4x 5cm G10 Fins||4x 5cm G10 Fins||2x 5cm G10 Fins|